The committee are extremely disappointed to announce that the 2019 Church Stretton Horse & Dog show has been cancelled.
Equine Influenza (EI) is currently spreading in the UK, with some shows already having been cancelled. With confirmed local cases of EI and on the advice of local veterinary practices the decision to cancel has been made in order to protect the interests of all attending competitors and the local equine community.
With the show now running for over fifty years this decision was not taken lightly and we apologise for any inconvenience this decision may have caused.
We do however look forward to seeing at next year’s show, details of which will be posted in due course.
There are a wide variety of classes suitable for all riders from complete novices to experienced riders. Click on the following link to view the printable schedule which contains full details on all the classes and the relevant entry forms.
ENTRY CLOSING DATES
Entry and payment can be made on the day (cash & cheques only) for all classes EXCEPT the Dressage and Driving classes who must enter & pay in advance using the forms in the above link.
Closing dates for entries into Dressage classes is Wednesday 14th August 2019. Dressage times will be made available online on Friday 16th August 2019.
Closing Dates for entries into the Driving class is Friday 16th August 2019.
Please download the entry forms from the above link.
- No horse/pony to compete more than once in any class.
- Hard hats to current standards must be worn by all riders.
- Horses known to kick must wear a red band on their tail.
- Horses must be under the supervision of an experienced responsible adult and under control at all times.
- Horses should not be left unattended whilst tethered.
- Show jumping to run under B.S. rules.
- In the event of a dispute concerning the height of a pony, any prize will be withheld pending production of a Veterinary Surgeon’s Life Certificate of height.
- Where age limits apply, prize winners must be prepared to produce a birth certificate. Should any doubt arise, prizes will be withheld until proof is given.
- The Judge’s decision is final.
- The Committee reserve the right to alter the programme according to their requirements.
- Any objection must be accompanied by a deposit of £10 which will be forfeited if the objection is not upheld.
- The Committee reserves the right to refuse entry to the field, to either a competitor or a spectator, and may require anyone to leave the field without giving a reason.
- On entering the show ground you give consent for any photos to be used on the show’s website and other show marketing. Privately taken photos are not to be used commercially and the organisers reserve the right to ask anyone to cease taking photos or to leave the showground.
COMPETITORS ARE ASKED NOT TO GALLOP HORSES/PONIES ON THE SHOWGROUND
- ALL stallions and colts must be handled by a person over 18 years of age and be adequately bitted and under control.
- No responsibility will be accepted for any loss or damage to property, or for injuries to riders, horses/ponies, spectators or vehicles however caused.
- Riders are advised to have their own Public Liability insurance.
HEALTH & SAFETY
The organisers of this event have taken reasonable precautions to ensure the Health and Safety of everyone present. For these measures to be effective, everyone must take reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents occurring and must obey the instructions of the organisers and all officials and stewards.
Medical Support cover will be in attendance throughout the event.
Water may NOT be available on the show ground. Please ensure you bring adequate supplies for your horses/dogs.
AMBULANCE COVER – £3.00 PER RIDER
There may be a lunch break in each ring at the Judge’s discretion.
PLEASE KEEP YOUR DOGS ON THEIR LEADS AND PLEASE TAKE YOUR LITTER HOME